FRONT-OF-HOUSE MANAGER REQUIRED
Reporting to the Theatre Manager, the FOH Manager’s key responsibilities are:
- To ensure the smooth and effective running of the theatre box office
- To supervise front of house staff
- To communicate and liaise with incoming theatre companies and the media
- To manage other aspects of day-to-day administration.
The successful candidate will have:
- Ideally, a background in sales, customer service, retail or other public relations employment.
- Good communication and people skills, and the ability to manage staff and to delegate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- The ability to operate a straightforward front-of-house box office system.
- An interest in the arts, especially theatre, and a desire to work in arts administration.
This is a full-time position. The post-holder must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, on the basis of an average 35 hours a week. Statutory holidays.
Pay: €17,500 a year.
Shortlisting will apply.
Successful candidates only will be contacted for interview.
About The New Theatre
The New Theatre is a 66-seat purpose-built theatre in Dublin’s Temple Bar district. The theatre supports new writing and aims to provide a theatre experience to those who seek to develop their artistic ability, by providing a space in which to create and produce in a professional setting. Over the last eighteen years The New Theatre has grown in reputation, is associated with artistic support and creativity, and has built-up an impressive corpus of work. The theatre is funded by The Arts Council, Dublin City Council, UNESCO – One City One Book and by private donations.
The New Theatre / Foxmot Ltd is a company limited by guarantee and is a registered charity.
43 East Essex Street, Temple Bar, Dublin 2